According to their very own welcome site, “wholesome family fun awaits” in Sedalia, MO, so we think you should start exploring all there is to offer. It’s time to find the family fun events and attractions hiding out in your very own backyard! So plan a play date, pack some snacks and gather the kids- we’re talking 7 fun things to do in Sedalia today!
- Daum Museum of Contemporary Art With exhibits and tours for kids aged Kindergarten and up, the Daum Museum of Contemporary Art is a great start for educational fun. Experience the art and get your creative juices flowing as you browse the whimsical and powerful collections the museum has to offer.
- Katy Trail State Park Load up the car with bikes or just bring your walking shoes because Katy Park has trails for everyone! Enjoy a picnic lunch along the way, stop to fish or swim and keep on moving. Visiting Katy Trail will be an all day outdoor extravaganza!
- Historical Tours at Katy Park Visit the places that amazing things in history have happened, such as the birth places of Harry Truman and Mark Twain. Or tour the battlefields from the Civil War; with so much to see and learn, you are sure to leave satisfied, educated and maybe even a bit surprised!
- Katy Depot Pull into the Katy Depot for family fun of the train variety. Visit this historical site of Sedalia for exhibits, souvenirs and tours of the train depot that originally opened for business all the way back in 1896!
- Bothwell Lodge State Historic Site Stop by the Bothwell Lodge Park for picnicking, hiking, history and more! Walk and explore through the 31-room, 12,000-square-foot lodge built by Sedalia lawyer and benefactor John Homer Bothwell or camp overnight and soak up the sights.
- Missouri State Fair If you can, visit the Missouri State Fair from August 10-20th for competitions, live animals, fair food and tons of family fun! Don’t miss your part of the action as the state gathers to soak up the festival fun!
- Leisure Park There’s nothing leisurely about this awesome family fun park, boasting go-karts, mini golf and video/ pinball games! Stop into this family-run operation for good old-fashioned fun and excitement!